Sunday, April 18, 2010

dophins, and stingrays, and sharks.. oh my!

This weekend was one to remember! One of my students came over Saturday to spend the day at the pool. We had a lot of fun swimming and playing games. I know this would never happen in the states, but her mom invited us out on their boat and we already had plans so I just invited her over instead. Like I said before, everyone is just so welcoming here. Now to the best part; We went on a catamaran ride to go snorkeling and then on to Caye Caulker. AMAZING! We swam with stingrays and sharks, not to mention all of the beautiful fish. I actually pet a stingray. Not a trained stingray, but just one swimming around the ocean! Our guide said they are so used to people it doesn’t bother them. We were in a “national park” in the ocean called Hol Chan. It is very popular place to go snorkeling and apparently known around the world. It was one of the most amazing experiences! We spent a few hours in Caye Caulker afterwards. I got some beautiful jewelry that this woman handmade with turquoise. We left to return to San Pedro. The catamaran ride back was probably the most relaxing thing I’ve ever done. I didn’t want it to end. We got back around 5:00, just in time to get stuff ready for teaching this week and go to bed. It was one long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment